MyEverettNews.com obtained the next bulletin from the Snohomish County Well being Division Thursday afternoon:
PEOPLE WHO ATE FOOD FROM THE TACO BELL AT 2727 BROADWAY ON MAY 22-23 OR THE TACO BELL AT 303 91ST AVE NE IN LAKE STEVENS ON MAY 23 SHOULD CONTACT THEIR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER OR PUBLIC HEALTH
SNOHOMISH COUNTY, Wash. – The Snohomish County Well being Division has recognized a case of hepatitis A that occurred in a meals employee who labored at two Taco Bell areas: 2727 Broadway in Everett and 303 91st Ave NE in Lake Stevens
Anybody who ate meals from the Everett location on Might 22 or 23 or from the Lake Stevens location on Might 23 ought to take the next actions:
- Test if they’re vaccinated in opposition to or proof against hepatitis A. People who find themselves vaccinated or immune don’t have to take any additional motion as they might be thought-about protected in opposition to this publicity. Individuals can test their vaccination data by contacting their healthcare supplier, utilizing the Washington Immunization Info System at https://wa.myir.internet or, if out there, referring to their copy of their immunization report. Individuals who have beforehand been contaminated with hepatitis A additionally could also be immune. If they aren’t certain, they need to test with their healthcare supplier.
- People who should not vaccinated, immune, or are not sure of their standing ought to:
- Contact their healthcare supplier or contact the Snohomish County Well being Division at 425-339-3503 (then press 1) for steerage and potential post-exposure prophylaxis to forestall sickness. Submit-exposure prophylaxis entails receiving the hep A vaccine or immune globulin (IG), which might present speedy and lasting safety when given inside two weeks of publicity to the hepatitis A virus. Hepatitis A vaccine is offered from a number of healthcare suppliers or pharmacies within the county. Anybody who was uncovered and is having bother discovering a vaccine supplier, or who’s uninsured or underinsured, ought to contact the Well being Division.
- Monitor for any signs of sickness. Keep residence and don’t put together or serve meals for others when you’ve got signs. It takes between 15 and 50 days to change into symptomatic after being uncovered. Early indicators of hepatitis A embrace:
- lack of urge for food
- darkish urine and jaundice (yellowing of eyes or pores and skin)
- In case you develop any of those signs, be particularly thorough in handwashing after utilizing the restroom and earlier than getting ready or dealing with meals to keep away from probably spreading the sickness additional. Wash arms with cleaning soap and working water. You should definitely lather and scrub all surfaces together with backs of the arms, wrists, between fingers, and beneath fingernails.
The confirmed case seems to have been contaminated throughout worldwide journey. The Snohomish County Well being Division is working with the enterprise to establish different employees who had been probably uncovered and join them with prevention info in addition to assets for vaccination and post-exposure prophylaxis, as wanted.
ABOUT HEPATITIS A
The hepatitis A virus lives within the poop or blood of somebody who’s contaminated and sometimes spreads by fecal contamination. The virus could also be unfold from individual to individual by shut contact or by meals dealing with. Constant, thorough handwashing is crucial to forestall unfold by meals dealing with.
The sickness varies in severity, with delicate instances lasting two weeks or much less. Extra extreme instances can final six weeks or longer. Some people, particularly youngsters, could not develop jaundice and will have an sickness so delicate that it will probably go unnoticed. Nonetheless, even mildly ailing folks can nonetheless be extremely infectious. Anybody with signs of hepatitis A and potential publicity who shouldn’t be vaccinated or immune ought to seek the advice of a healthcare supplier immediately even when signs are delicate.
For extra info, go to www.snohd.org/hepatitis.
Hepatitis A, Taco Bell
My Everett Information is a hyperlocal information web site that includes breaking information and occasions in Everett, WA. We additionally cowl Metropolis of Everett info and objects of curiosity to those that reside and work in Everett. It is written by Leland Dart a former Snohomish County based mostly radio reporter born and raised in Everett.
View all posts by myeverettnews →