Gov. Tim Walz signed a invoice into regulation on Friday that gives free faculty breakfast and lunch to all college students in Minnesota (at taking part faculties) no matter their means to pay. Walz signed the invoice at Webster Elementary in Minneapolis.
“This invoice places us one step nearer to creating Minnesota the most effective state for teenagers to develop up, and I’m grateful to the entire legislators and advocates for making it occur,” Walz mentioned.
Listed here are different essential strikes on the Capitol:
- Walz signed into regulation a invoice (HF30) aimed toward curbing catalytic converter thefts by making it tougher for scrap yards to purchase stolen ones.
- The Senate did not cross $1.5 billion in public works and infrastructure spending as a result of there weren’t sufficient Republican votes. Issuing normal obligation bonds requires a legislative supermajority, and Republicans mentioned the bonds wanted to be paired with tax cuts.
- Republicans tried once more to carry the tax lower on Social Safety advantages invoice (HF300/SF15) out of committee for a ground vote however have been unsuccessful. Notably, Rep. Dan Wolgamott, DFL-St. Cloud, voted yay. The invoice has been heard within the taxes committee, which needs to additionally contemplate different choices for potential inclusion in a bigger tax invoice. The Senate voted to tug the invoice from committee for a possible vote on the ground.
- The Home handed $50 million in funding for emergency rental help and homelessness prevention (HF1440/SF1367). The total Senate has not but voted on it.
- The Learn Act (HF629/SF1273), which might require faculties to make use of evidence-based literacy curriculum accredited by the Division of Training, handed the Senate Training Coverage committee and was laid over within the Home Training Finance committee.
- A invoice (HF19) requiring employers to supply paid sick go away handed the Senate Human Companies Committee (simply realizing the Senate has a “Well being and Human Companies Committee” and a “Human Companies Committee.”) It has already handed the Home.
- A invoice (HF2290) banning no-knock warrants handed the Home public security committee. The invoice is authored by Rep. Brion Curran, DFL-Vadnais Heights, who’s a former police officer and Chisago County sheriff.
- The Retaining Nurses At The Bedside Act (HF1700/SF1561), which might give hospital nurses better say over staffing ranges, handed the Home well being committee and the Senate Labor Committee.
- Legalizing sports activities betting (HF2000/SF1949) handed the Senate Well being and Human Companies Committee.
- Hashish legalization (HF100/SF73) superior by way of its thirteenth committee — Transportation — on Wednesday. The invoice goes again to the Home commerce committee subsequent. The invoice additionally handed the Senate native authorities committee.
- A collection of adjustments to renter-landlord regulation cleared the Home housing committee. The invoice (HF917) features a ban on rental help discrimination and a requirement that landlords give tenants 14 days discover earlier than submitting an eviction motion.
- A invoice (HF23/SF207) with extra office protections for meat processing employees handed the Senate Labor Committee and the Home judiciary committee.
- A invoice (HF36/SF58) with extra office protections for warehouse employees handed the Senate Labor Committee.
- New rules on development contractors aimed toward curbing wage theft (HF1859/SF1988) handed the Home and Senate judiciary committees.
One thought on “Legislative week in overview: Paid sick go away, nursing staffing ranges and sports activities betting”
Superslot 168 สล็อตเว็บตรง เว็บแท้ มาแรงสุดในปี 2023
Максим Владимирович Криппа Главные факты о Max Krippa которые вам нужно знать
От чего Максим Криппа не отказывался так это от самопомощи футбол дело не из легких – Lute Móveis
สล็อตเว็บตรง แตกง่าย ฝากถอนไม่มีขั้นต่ำ เว็บตรง100 มาแรงที่สุด 2023